Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A small world

Now spring has really started (with even temperatures reminding of summer) its a lot more fun going outside again. Walking around in shorts and a sleeveless shirt is a lot better as all those warm winter clothes. So my 300mm lens can go back into the bag (well, I still take it out sometimes) and the 180mm can come out again. The first dragonflies have been seen already and there are lots of flowers and other small insects. The nice thing of macro photography is that a whole new world opens for you. The world of small creatures. Today I spent some time with a nice place with Wood Anemones. Laying (in the sun) on my belly taking pictures of them, my eye fell on a tiny spider that otherwise would have gone unnoticed. He was just enjoying a freshly caught fly. By placing him in front of a flower of a Wood Anemone I placed him in the spotlight.
The picture is a but full, but taking away the distracting leaves would destroy the web, and thus the photo opportunity.
More pictures in this months gallery

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home