Saturday, May 16, 2009

For old times sake


The Haaksbergerveen is a moor area close to the place where I grew up. During my secondary school period I went there several times a month, by bike and often with 2 friends, Bas and Jasper. At that time we were mainly interested in birds and the telescope was our most important tool. Things have changed since then. I moved to Groningen, the Haaksbergerveen is reorganized, my interest in birds has changed for one in dragonflies, bikes have been changed for cars and telescopes for camera's. But the friendship remains and the area is still good.
Today I was back and went with Bas and Geert to the Haaksbergerveen, in search for the rare Spearhead Bluet.
Last year I went to the same place and saw many strange damselflies. This year, they turend out to be Crescent and Spearhead Bluets. We saw quite a few this of both. In the beginning they were hard to photograph as they kept on flying. A little later they sun disappeared behind some clouds and the bluets were more willing to pose.
In the morning, before we went to the veen, we went to another small area where I saw the other target species of today, the Common Clubtail.
See this months gallery for more pictures.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home