Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Wingz



I keep on being fascinated by dragonfly wings. They seem very fragile, but still they take the dragonflies everywhere at high speed and make them very agile. When you look closer to them you see a very fine pattern resembling a stained glass window.
Sometimes you get lucky and find a dragonfly (in this case a Migrant Hawker) that sits still and allows you to come very close. When I was this close and making detail-shots another picture came to mind, one where the wing would fill the whole picture. Here I reached the limits of my lenses as I couldn't get close enough for that. So the second picture is, in contrast to almost all my pictures, quite a large crop (only 32% of the original pixels). Fortunately the original had enough sharpness to allow such a large crop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home