Sunday, June 28, 2009

Scarlet Darters

Last year I'd seen Scarlet Darters on a small grass field in the city of Groningen. Now I've moved, this field is at walking distance from my new home. A few weeks ago I had a look if they had returned already, but that search was in vein. This week I got a message that they were back, so I got my camera and had a look. Indeed, several males and females were seen again, however it was close to impossible to get good shots as there was too much wind. Today the wind had died down a little, so I went for another try.
The bright red coloured males we flying continuously and extremely shy, but the females were often a lot easier to approach. After a few side views (see below) I decided to try some different poses, like the one above.
I'm sure I'll have another look at them to see if I can make some nice shots of the red males as well, but for now I'm pleased with these results.
For more pictures, see this months gallery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home